Monday, August 25, 2014

Hosiery Organization and Storage


Figuring out the way that works best for you to store you hosiery can be a big help in you being able to locate and find any pair at any time. An easy way would be to organize them by the denier, and have all the sheer ones together. You could also go and organize them by shade on top of this. You can also have all your patterns together so you know exactly where to go when you want to wear patterns.
However you decide to organize them, it is important that you make it easy to find the pair you want to wear. For this, I suggest rolling them up. I take the pantyhose/tights and lay them flat, all stretched out. I have one leg of the pantyhose laying on top of the other. I take them and fold them in half with the toes up at the waistband now. Then I start at the bottom rolling them up. I have found this is the easiest and most efficient way to organize your hosiery. I also use a series of compartment organizers in my drawer which are designed for things like socks/hosiery and this method of rolling them up really works well for this. I use these compartment organizers due to the fact that I like to be able to open the drawer and see exactly what I have without have to dig around through the drawer to find the pair I am looking for. It keeps me from having a big messy pile inside the drawer which would really be a pain when it comes to finding the right pair! When I have a bunch of unopened pairs still in the package, I organize them Alphabetically so I know exactly what I have and can do my best figure and find what pair I might want to wear if I am going to try one of the pairs still in package. However you decide to store you hosiery, it is important to make sure that you do not have any rough or sharp edges which could cause runs snags or holes in them. 

Here are a some pictures of how my hosiery drawers look.

No comments:

Post a Comment