Sunday, November 9, 2014

Interview with Jessica from Fantasy Stockings

Hi Everyone,

I am please to announce my first interview for this hosiery blog with Jessica from Fantasy Stockings.  You should definitely check her blog out and she also has a store as well where you can get some great patterned hosiery.  One of the coolest things is that she is supportive of men like myself wearing hosiery and even patterns.  She is a fellow hosiery lover like myself whom I have always thought has a great sense of style and is very knowledgeable about many of the hosiery brands out there.  I thought I would interview her and ask her a few questions about hosiery to get her perspective on things for the blog.







Hope you enjoy:


1. How long have you been wearing pantyhose/tights?

I think always. My mom told me to wear with skirts and dresses.  I remembers some got destroyed while I was playing with other kids and not being careful, but my mom never got upset at me over it.

2. How often do you wear pantyhose/tights and do you wear them year round?

Yes, all year round and quite often.  I even wore some in the evenings on my vacation to Cuba when I went to dinner with my parents.  When it's really cold outside, I'll wear a pair under leggings or pants.

3. What would you say to someone who said pantyhose are hot, itchy and uncomfortable?

Turns out some people are actually allergic to synthetic materials.  I've met of few of these ladies who claim to be allergic.  But if there is no medical reason behind it, I think that those people are just not wearing the right size or denier.

4. Do you ever keep a spare pair with you in case of runs?

I should, but I don't.  I think I became over confident because I am so experienced in wearing even the thinnest pairs gently that I rare get damage.  However, recently I went to see a friend and put on a pair of pantyhose in a rush that had a small hole in the toe that I forgot to stitch.  As I was sitting on the train, I realized that there is a run on my foot.  It also turned out that I had too much hair products on hand and figured to take a bag of it to give away to my friend, so I had plenty of hairspray with me.  I took out my foot from the shoe, twisted the run to the bottom of the foot, and started spraying my foot with hairspray.  It stopped the run and also probably really shocked all the other people on the train watching me spray my foot with hairspray in public.

5. What are your favorite ways to style your pantyhose/tights?

If I can make it work with my outfit, that's a big bonus for me.  But if I can't I just wear a plain pair.  I love getting compliments though on different patterns!

6. Do you prefer matte or shiny when it comes to pantyhose/tights and why?

I would say that for summer sheer styles, I like to have some shine, but for winter opaque styles I'd rather have it matte.

7.  What do you think your go to pair would be?

This keeps on changing. I used to wear a lot of Fortissima by Gatta, then started wearing Forte by Fiore, and now i see that I wear more of Idalia by Fiore because of its shine.

8.  What is your absolute favorite pair that you own?

Wolford Neon 40!  I just love it.  It's so resistant and beautiful.

9. What is your favorite hosiery brand and why?

It's hard for me to answer this question.  I feel that if I get myself to name a brand, I in a way put an end to my ongoing exploration of other brands.  For me personally, a big downside of expensive brands is that I am afraid to wear it to some daily errand and ruin it.  So i only wear them on special occasions.  I feel more at ease when I wear mid-range brands.

10.  If someone who knew nothing about pantyhose/tights wanted 5-10 pairs to try, which ones would you recommend to them?  Let's say for work and going out on the town.

I had a lady come over recently to buy some sheer pantyhose and she absolutely had no experience in wearing it.  I suggested that she try on the styles that she bought before leaving just to make sure it felt right.  As she ripped one up in the process, she came to a conclusion that they are all too tight and she needs to the largest size possible, even though she was very small. 

For this reason my recommendation would be 40-60 denier microfiber tights only.  No sheer hosiery!   Microfiber is stretchy, forgiving, durable and it is the closest sensation to wearing tight pants.

11. Could you please give me some advice on how to style pantyhose/tights with outfits for females?  I have no experience here, LOL!

This discussion could be endless.  Here are some tips.
  • All over prints are good on slim legs, but for plus size ladies may not look best.
  • Matching it to the color of one's shoes visually elongates the legs.
  • No black fishnets for formal events, but nude or charcoal are okay.
  • it's best not to mix prints.  If tights are patterned, keep the other clothes plain.
  • Horizontal lines or backseams should be perfectly straight, otherwise don't wear it.

Thanks again Jessica.       
 

   
    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment