Thursday, November 13, 2014

Interview with Sabrina from Doll Actitud

Hello everyone,

Today I have another interview, this time with Sabrina from the blog Doll Actitud who was so very generous to spend time answering questions about hosiery for this blog post.  She has a great sense of style and you should check her blog out for inspiration on how to better style your pantyhose/tights with outfits!  She is from Spain and this interview has been translated into english.  

Sabrina was so kind enough to send me these photos of how she styles her pantyhose/tights with her outfits.  

I love all the outfits and think the addition of pantyhose/tights really completes the look.







Here is the interview:



1. How long have you been wearing pantyhose / stockings?
The average winter especially I like it when we need cover our legs from the cold, I like to vary in color and texture to encourage winter looks. I have been wearing since I was little, my mother put them on me Sunday to go for a walk.
2. How often do you wear pantyhose / tights and how you use them throughout the year?
The use especially in the colder months, about twice a week, I like to combine them with skirts, shorts or dresses and do a thousand combinations with them.

3. How many pairs do you currently have in your collection?
I have about 10 pairs! increases more and more and my collection, I love with polka dots, stripes, plain, patterned ... are never too many!

4. What is your favorite pair you own?
My favorites are ones that I bought at Zara last winter, navy blue with white micro dots are very stylish and look great with skirts or dresses, bringing a feminine touch also.

5. What is your pair that you wear most often?
The most worn are the black, opaque tights, as they are easier to match and more insulating.

6. What is your favorite brand of hosiery (s) and why?
My favorite brand is Calzedonia has an irresistible quality and designs, the truth is that I like every one of their collections year after year.

7. Do you keep a spare pair with you in case you get a run?
YES! I'm a bit of a disaster with stockings, if too thin sometimes break soon and if it's a pair that I like I usually have more than one emergency ...

Do you prefer:

8. Matte or glossy?
matte texture, more often stylizes the figure, the shiny tend to do the opposite.

9. Patterns or plain hosiery?
I really like smooth stockings because they are easy to match with all kinds of clothes and have a thousand options, but however I like to add riskier options from time to time to leave the routine combinations.

10. Skintone tones or other colors?
I like more color highlighting on the skin, such as black, gray or brown, are my favorite.

11. Opaque or sheer?
opaque is my choice for 90% of the time because apart from wearing tights for fashion, I also wear for the cold weather.

12. What are your thoughts on pantyhose / tights being worn by both men and women?
I think they are necessary for many times in life, both everyday as holidays, and we all need to have several at home, whether for winter events such as weddings, or Christmas, or for warmth in the day to day combining skirts and accessories chic,

13. Being you live in Spain Do you realize if women in your area tend to go without stockings or tights do you wear?
In Spain we wear a lot, perhaps less than in other colder countries, but mostly worn in spring, winter and fall, sometimes to have a nice color legs before tanning the skin in summer, to insulate, or just to decorate that part of our body and make combinations that summer can not be done by heat.

14. If someone who knew nothing about pantyhose / tights came to you for advice on getting 5-10 pairs, what do you recommend them? Something to go out, and also something for work.
I would recommend, first; some black, perfect for combining in winter and at night, some in brown tights to match other lighter shades and other color skin for the day to elegant celebrations, or to give a nicer legs color. On the other side about 2 or 3 pairs with motifs like dots or lace, perfect for ballerinas or heels and not look as boring outfit during the colder months. Some fishnets are also perfect for Spring and style without producing much heat.

15. If a person says they thought pantyhose were hot, itchy and uncomfortable, what would you say to them?
Well, try to find the pantyhose/tights that are made of materials like silk, lycra and are good quality. Every time they make them with less harmful materials that are inexpensive and are better suited to our skin.

16. What do you think are the positives and negatives of wearing pantyhose / tights for you?
The positives are many, it is an indispensable complement to the female wardrobe, it's comfortable, beautify the legs and the color in the months before the summer, protection from the cold, and are an essential complement to achieve a look 10!

17. What advice would you give to other women about how to style your pantyhose / tights? How do you style them? My advice is to dare to use more varied methods, with original designs and do not stick to the basic and sheer pantyhose that are dated ... We must dare to try!

18. How did you get into the use of pantyhose / tights?
I have always loved pantyhose, and starts as the cold hits the perfect time for it, I love feeling that I can move freely, be comfortable and warm at the same time, combine well and get a uniquely different result how to go with a monochrome look and add a touch of color in the middle, it's amazing all the possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment