Monday, December 29, 2014

Interview with Hayley of Me, You, & Hayley Larue

Hello Everyone,

I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday season so far, and are looking forward to the new year.  Today I am pleased to announce another interview this time with the lovely Hayley of the blog Me, You, & Hayley Larue.  She was kind enough to send me a few photos showing how she styles hosiery with her outfits.  I must say I love everyone one of them!  I really think the tights complete the outfits and provide a nice flawless look!  They go so well with the great shoes she is wearing as well.

















On to the interview:




1. How often do you wear pantyhose/tights and do you wear them year round?
I don't wear tights year round, because I live in Southern California, so we don't often get cold weather. Our cold weather starts towards the end of December, so right now is the perfect time for me to be wearing them! However, I wear leggings almost all the time. They're my favorite!

2. How many pairs do you currently have in your collection?
I have at least 15 pairs of tights, I believe.

3. What is your favorite pair that you own and pair you wear most often?
My favorite pair that I own are my dark gray tights from Forever 21. They are so comfortable, and I can't even count how many outfits I have been able to pair them with!

4. What is your favorite hosiery brand(s) and why?
I get almost all of my tights from Forever 21, even thought it's not their specialty, they are the most comfortable, and they have such a wide variety. Now if we're talking leggings, I'm all about wearing Lulu Lemon

5. Do you keep a spare pair with you in case of getting a run?
I don't keep an extra spare of tights with me, only because I don't wear them too often, and I also never really have issues with getting a run in them. The ones I get are pretty thick, too. Although, when I was a competitive dancer, I had at least 3 spare pairs of tights with me, and they were super thin, because they were nylons. I had so many quick changes at competitions, that I would ruin so many of them because of how quick I had to put them on. So in that case, a spare pair was critical.

6. How do you like to style your hosiery with your outfits? Any advice for others on how to style them?
I love wearing my tights with dresses, mainly. But I also wear them with skirts and shorts. On my blog, though, you will see me wear them with dresses the most. 

7. What are your thoughts on the trend of bare legs that seems to be so widespread?
 I actually love the bare-legged trend! I wouldn't say it's a trend, though, I would say wearing tights is more of a trend. I very rarely see people wearing tights around LA and Orange County, but leggings are very popular around here. I would say leggings are more popular around here, because we love wearing sandals, and leggings cut off at the ankles. 

8. What are your thoughts about pantyhose/tights being worn by both men and women? There are even hosiery brands like Emilio Cavallini which make tights for men with barbed wire, and even skulls on them. Also French hosiery manufacturer Gerbe, made some with a fly opening. What are your thoughts on this new trend in tights and legwear?
I actually have never seen men wear tights just out and about, I've only seen it in ballet… But even in ballet, men don't always wear tights, they wear leggings at times, as well. But if it became a bigger trend around here, I'd support it!

9. If a person said that they thought pantyhose were hot, itchy and uncomfortable what would you say to them?
 I've only even thought nylons, or tights that I would wear for dance competitions were uncomfortable, because they were so tight at the top. Most of what we wore were two pieces, so we had to fold them down pretty low, and that just made it even more uncomfortable! Fashionable tights, are way different, i think. They're much more comfortable… But if there was a pair I loved and they were uncomfortable, I would still wear them. I sacrifice my feet for heels, because they look good, so I'd sacrifice for a good pair of tights! :)
Hope everyone enjoyed the post,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment