Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Interview with Martina of Marta's Fashion Diary


Hello Everyone,

Today I am pleased to announce another interview this time with the wonderful Martina of the blog Marta's Fashion Diary . She lives in Bulgaria, and I really think she has some great outfits!  She was kind enough to send me these photos showing how she styles her pantyhose/tights.  I really love all the outfits as I think they are great in their own way.  I really love the winter tights in the first photo and they look amazing on her and go very well with that outfit.   The fourth photo with the sheer black patterned tights is my next favorite since I am a sucker for sheer black hosiery as I really think it looks so elegant!  I really love her choice of shoes/boots for the outfits as well since I feel they really accompany the pantyhose/tights well.







1. How long have you been wearing pantyhose/tights?

I've been wearing tights my whole life, since I was a little child.

2. How often do you wear pantyhose/tights and do you wear them year round?

Well, I wear tights only at winter, because I like wearing skirts and dresses and in my country at winter is impossible to go out barelegged.

3. How many pairs do you currently have in your collection?

I don't even know, maybe 15-20 pairs.


4. What is your favorite pair that you own?

My favorite pair is black tights with small polka dots. 

5. What is your go to pair that you wear most often?

I usually wear black or skintone tights as they look fine with almost every outfit.

6. What is your favorite hosiery brand(s)?

I like buying tights from H&M, Accessories, Intimissimi.


7. Do you keep a spare pair with you in case of getting a run?

No, I usually don't keep a spare pair with me, and sometimes when I rip my tights by accident, I wish I had.


Do you prefer:
8. Matte or shiny?

Matte

9. Patterns or Plain hosiery?

Plain

10. Skintone shades or other colors?

Skintone


11. Opaque or sheer?

Sheer


12. What are your thoughts about pantyhose/tights being worn by both men and women? There are even hosiery brands like Emilio Cavallini which make tights for men with barbed wire, and even skulls on them. Also French hosiery manufacturer Gerbe, made some with a fly opening. What are your thoughts on this new trend in tights and leg wear?

Well, I think that everyone should wear what they like. You are free to choose whether you like wearing tights or not and that mustn't depend on your sex. Just wear what you feel like wearing!


13. Being that you live in Bulgaria do you notice if women in your area tend to go bare legged or do they wear hosiery?

Usually, women in my country wear tights mostly at winter just like me. That's due to our really cold winters and very hot summers- you cannot wear tights at summer here, it's like 40 degrees!

14. In Bulgaria, what is the proper protocol for wearing tights/stockings? For example in the workplace, going out on the town, weddings, etc. Here in the U.S. Bare legs have taken over, and even in the workplace it is normal for most women to go without hosiery of any kind.

Well, I know that weddings and some workplaces require you to wear tights, but as I already said, if I have to go to a place like that at Summer I'd go barelegged. I prefer not keeping the etiquette than dying of heat stroke :D


15. If someone who knew nothing about pantyhose/tights came to you looking for advice on 5-10 pairs to get, what would you recommend to them? Something for going out, and also something for work.

I would ask them for what outfit and occasion do they need the tights. For going out or work, if they want to look more classic and simple I would advise them to get black or skin tone tights, but if they want to look fancy, I would consider to them to look for tights with patters, polka dots or something of the kind. 


16. If a person said that they thought pantyhose were hot, itchy and uncomfortable what would you say to them?

I would say to them that they didn't found the right tights. If the size is right and the quality is good, the tights must be comfortable.

17.  What do you think are the positives and negatives of wearing pantyhose/tights if any?

Well, the positives are that they keep you warm and you are able to wear your dresses at cold weather as well. The negatives, maybe that most of them get ripped really easy.


18.  What advice do you have for other females on how to style their pantyhose/tights? How do you style them?

When I have my outfit ready and I just need tights to keep me warm I go for skin tones. But when I buy some trendy tights, I usually first put the tights and then look for the right clothes to combine them. My advice is, if your tights are colorful, wear them with all black outfit or other basic color. I like minimalism.

19.  How did you get into wearing pantyhose/tights?

I've always been into wearing pantyhose/ tights, I think they can really diversify your outfit, make it look more fashionable.


Hope you enjoyed the post,

J

No comments:

Post a Comment