Sunday, December 14, 2014

Interview with Sara of 7-Sevendays

Hello Everyone,

I am pleased to announce another interview this time with Sara of the blog 7-Sevendays.  Sara Lives in Italy and I think she has a really great style, and puts together wonderful outfits.  I love how she is able to incorporate hosiery into her outfits as well.  She kindly sent me a few photos showing how she styles hosiery with her outfits, and I must say I love all the colors and patterns!!  I think they really make the outfits fun and exciting!
















here are the questions

1. How long have you been wearing pantyhose/tights?

Actually is not so much time. I think four or five years. When I was a kid I totally hated tights. Maybe my high has always been a problem my...1.80 you know when you pull...but there is no more fabric?! Then I found out that with thicker tights i could pull more...and I became addicted. I think they can literally twist your outfit.
2. How often do you wear pantyhose/tights/Knee highs and do you wear them year round?

I wear them once or twice per week from the period september-april, unfortunately I still wear a lot trousers even if I love myself with tights on.

3. How many pairs do you currently have in your collection?

around ten crazy pairs...and hundred of basics...I mean the very transparent ones...with those ones i still break one pair every time.

4. What is your favorite pair that you own?

I think my favorite is beige color full of flowers at the back.
5. What is your go to pair that you wear most often?

the ones I wear more often are totally black with a stripe of glitter at the back. But now that i am thinking the laced ones as well.

6. What is your favorite hosiery brand(s)?

It is absolutely Calzedonia, even if I love Sisi too.

7. Do you keep a spare pair with you in case of getting a run?

I have spare new pairs at home...but when I go out I am so clever that i always forget them home.Just in case I break them, I trust in the rocky version with the holes. Yeah.

Do you prefer:
8. Matte or shiny?

Matte...but if I think longer I could change my mind :-)

9. Patterns or Plain hosiery?

That's hard!!!! Actually I always fall in love with patterns, but in the end I think plain is better.

10. Skintone shades or other colors?

that's absolutely other colours...I think that skin tone is the one I like less.
11. Opaque or sheer?

Opaque

12. What are your thoughts about pantyhose/tights being worn by both men and women? There are even hosiery brands like Emilio Cavallini which make tights for men with barbed wire, and even skulls on them. Also French hosiery manufacturer Gerbe, made some with a fly opening. What are your thoughts on this new trend in tights and legwear?

seriously...wow i didn't know it. Why not?! Actually in my town Feltre boys wear them for a medieval revival: palio, so for one week per year I see so many guys in tights...they are cute, one leg in one color the other in another.

13. Being that you live in Italy do you notice if women in your area tend to go bare legged or do they wear hosiery?

actually they don't go out with bare legs...but mostly they use the basics. Skintone or black

14. If someone who knew nothing about pantyhose/tights came to you looking for advice on 5-10 pairs to get, what would you recommend to them? Something for going out, and also something for work.

the first pair will be a black laced...my cousin is half german so she has always bare legs but I made her addicted to the dark lace...actually SHE bought me my first pair. Then I'll recommend a burgundy...its not a crazy color but it has personality. Then I will recommend a plain black...perfect for anything. Than to go out I love the ones that are decorated pretending to be a hold-ups...maybe cause all my real hold ups fall down :-( and then a crazy one so or a shocking color, or a crazy pattern or the one decorated at the back (my favorite)

15. If a person said that they thought pantyhose were hot, itchy and uncomfortable what would you say to them?

I will say that I thought the same at the beginning. So to start I recommend a thick pair that usually is softer and it's like a pair of trousers. I totally suggest NOT to wear them under long trousers...that's itchy!!! It like I don't feel my legs anymore.

16.  What do you think are the positives and negatives of wearing pantyhose/tights if any?

positive: with one touch and few euros...or dollars or whatever they give a twist to the outfit. Than its really feminine. And they inspire you...I always start from the tights...I would like to wear those blue pair...and then I start to play with clothes.

17.  What advice do you have for other females on how to style their pantyhose/tights? How do you style them?

I think I have already answer in the 16...anyway think big...I mean with tights you can also wear in winter those pair of shorts that firstly you used just in summer...
18.  How did you get into wearing pantyhose/tights?

At the beginning I had no ones than for one b-day I asked my cousin to buy me a bunch...and now I am addicted!!!!!!!!!!!!


Hope you enjoyed the post,

J

1 comment: