Monday, January 5, 2015

Interview with Iris of Love, Iris

Hello All,

I have yet another interview this time with the lovely Iris of the blog Love, Iris.  She is originally from Romania, now living in the United States.  She sent me these great photos showing how she styles hosiery with her outfits.  I like all the outfits, but if I had to choose a favorite, it would the second one with the patterned tights!  I just love the way they look on her so much and think they really go well with the dress and shoes!!








  1. How long have you been wearing pantyhose / stockings?
-I have been wearing tights since I was maybe in High School. So about 5 years from now I have worn them, I probably wore them when I was little but I guess I wore more when I was in high school. I like wearing them during the fall, winter and spring since up in Utah it’s really cold and I like wearing my dresses so of course those are the times I will wear them.

2. How often do you wear pantyhose / tights and how you use them throughout the year?
-I usually wear them during those colder days and months and depends on the day I wear them. Going to school is sometimes hard to wear tights since walking up at the University of Utah is a bit cold during the winter time. I wear a lot during the weekends when I’m going out with best friends, go on dates etc. so I may say about 4 times a week possibly! I love wearing them with dresses and skirts all the time, it makes your outfit more chic and make your bold dress/skirt more “flaming” hot, like if it’s a bright pink dress it will stand against the black or sheer tights and give your dress a more bold statement.

3. How many pairs do you currently have in your collection?
I have about 7, and I’m still always looking for more great looking ones to wear!

4. What is your favorite pair you own?
My favorite ones are the ones from H&M, they are really opaque and fleece inside them so they make walking in the winter time outside a little easier to walk in and not be too cold. Those are the ones you see a lot on my blog since its getting cold during photoshoots!

5. What is your pair that you wear most often?
Like I said in the previous ones the opaque black fleece tights are the ones I wear most often! Always have to feel cozy and snuggly everywhere I go.

6. What is your favorite brand of hosiery (s) and why?
I haven’t really explored a ton of tights but my favorites are from H&M, Nordstrom, and Zara, but I really love my H&M ones! I think that these stores carry really amazing type of tights and they have lasted me a long time.


7. Do you keep a spare pair with you in case you get a run?
-Depends, like the fleece tights are really thick so those don’t seem to have any problem with, but usually I would keep an extra pair just in case. Like I have some cute sheer ones and I’m afraid they will rip so I always keep an extra pair!

Do you prefer:

8. Matte or glossy?
-Love the matte; gives a more stylish look to your outfit even if it’s casual too, it’ll boost it up.

9. Patterns or plain hosiery?
-I love all different kind’s, but I usually will end up going with plain so it’s not to big of a statement and people are like, “Really? A floral dress and polka dot tights…no….” haha. I usually wear pattern ones with a pattern tunic or a casual sense.

10. Skintone tones or other colors?
-I really love black and grey for sure.

11. Opaque or sheer?
-Oh man, I really love both, sheer gives more of a sexual type of look and I love it, so I will have to say both can’t really choose! 


12. What are your thoughts about pantyhose/tights being worn by both men and women? There are even hosiery brands like Emilio Cavallini which make tights for men with barbed wire, and even skulls on them. Also French hosiery manufacturer Gerbe, made some with a fly opening. What are your thoughts on this new trend in tights and legwear?
-I believe that everyone even men should wear them; I have some guy friends that are into tights and wear them; on the other hand my straight friends will be like “No way”, but it’s like come on just try it once, but they don’t care. I think all guys and girls should or test them out if they don’t want to. Plus a guy can keep cozy if he buys fleece tights and feel humble in his abode down there. I think all women love to wear them, but I can be wrong too. I think it’s a great look on a women and gives more of an appeal to yourself. It gives you a more sophisticated look to your wardrobe any how!

13. Being that you live in Utah do you notice if women in your area tend to go bare legged or do they wear hosiery? 
In Utah, in the winter time most people will wear some type of tights or leggings. I don't think you wanna go bare legged in the winter time. During spring/summer and maybe fall it’s usually pretty warm to not wear them. I still wear tights during summer because sometimes if you want that dress to stand out and I will put some sheer or opaque tights on.


14. If someone who knew nothing about pantyhose / tights came to you for advice on getting 5-10 pairs, what do you recommend them?
I would recommend opaque tights (super dark black tights) for the winter time or evening out on the town. If you wear like a sexy bodycon dress I would totally tell you to wear sheer tights depending on what it looks like. Some fishnet tights are pretty cool but depending on the person, because I’m not a big fan of them since I don't like when my toes get caught in them but it still works well. If you live in a hot state where its like 120 degree’s all the time I wouldn't recommend super dark tights, maybe sheer would be the thing you need! 


15. If a person says they thought pantyhose were hot, itchy and uncomfortable, what would you say to them?
If you find tights or pantyhose that are made out of amazing quality, or that are silk then I believe those would be great. You can always cut the elastic at the top so it doesn't bother you too. If it’s to hot then probably don't wear them. but always find what you want in tights. Always see if the store lets you take them back, buy a couple and if they don't work then take them back.



16. What do you think are the positives and negatives of wearing pantyhose / tights for you?
The positive would be how it completes a outfit to make your outfit look amazing. They have so many different tights from fleece tights to high thighs. I don’t think I can say anything negative about them. I just love how if you have a blue dress put some black tights and you will be perfect!


17. What advice would you give to other women about how to style your pantyhose / tights? 
How do you style them? 
My advice is always have different types of tights from sheer to opaque, you can get cool designed ones too. Just do it and get a pair or even 20! 


18. How did you get into the use of pantyhose / tights?
I think i’ve always had tights or pantyhose for a long time. I have photos of me when i was little with tights on. When it’s cold outside it works perfectly if you have some fleece leggings. I always thought it would complement my body tone and help look better. Plus I sometimes believe it makes you skinnier when you wear tights too.
 
 
Hope you enjoyed the post,
 
J

No comments:

Post a Comment