Sunday, January 25, 2015

Interview with Maria from Un Sombrero con Plumas

Hi Everyone,

I am pleased to have another interview this time with the lovely Maria from the blog Un Sombrero con Plumas.  She was kind enough to send me these photos showing how she styles hosiery with her outfits. I love both of them and think she does a wonderful job styling black tights with her outfits!






  1.  How long have you been wearing pantyhose / tights?
It is a very useful garment, so I have been wearing it during all my life.
  1. How often do you wear pantyhose / tights and do you wear them round?
To be honest, I use them every week, at least once. And due to the environment where I live, (Canary Islands) I cannot use them in summer, only rarely.
  1. How many pairs do you currently have in your collection?
I cannot say how many I have because I don´t know it. I smooth tights in various colors and different textures and I also have leggings in different colors and patterns!
  1. What is your favorite pair that you own?
Undoubtedly, a smooth black of low denier (sheer). They are basic and they are a must have in the closet.
  1. What is your go to pair that you wear most often?
Smooth black tights like the ones I just mentioned, but more than tights, which I use more and is more indispensable to me in my daily life are some black leggings. Super-comfortable to wear
  1. What is your favorite hosiery brand(s)?
Actually, I do not have a favorite brand, if I see a pair of tights and it like me and are of good quality I buy them!
  1. Do you keep a spare pair with you in case of getting a run?
At home I use to have several pairs, but if I go out, not take me a couple in the bag ... I'm not so cautious!
Do you prefer:
  1. Matte or shiny?
Matte. I do not use shiny tights hardly, also I look more wearable matte tights.
  1. Patterns or Plain hosiery?
Plain. It is refined and stylizes the legs more.
  1. Skintone shades or other colors?
Both of them! But if I had to choose, I definitely prefer other colors, because I find it more fun and colorful tights give "a touch" to the outfit.
  1. Opaque or sheer?
Sheer!!
  1. Control top or Sheer to Waist
Sheer to waist. By the moment I do not need control top
  1. Compression or No Compression?
Compression tights are great , but is not essential for me.
  1. What are your thoughts about pantyhose/tights being worn by both men and women? There are even hosiery brands like Emilio Cavallini which make tights for men with barbed wire, and even skulls on them. Also French hosiery manufacturer Gerbe, made some with a fly opening. What are your thoughts on this new trend in tights and legwear?
I think fashion is a way of expression, to transmit and to feel good about yourself. Therefore, everyone should dress like more comfortable feel. If a guy likes to go with tights, it seems perfect; If a girl likes to wear tights, it seems perfect. Everyone is free to dress as you like.
  1. Being that you live in Spain do you notice if women in your area tend to go bare legged or do they wear hosiery?
Where I live (Canary Islands),temperature used to be a medium / high throughout the year so people usually wear tights only in winter when it gets colder; But in the rest of Spain women wear tights in autumn, winter and spring. In summer bare legged.
  1. If someone who knew nothing about pantyhose/tights came to you looking for advice on 5-10 pairs to get, what would you recommend to them? Something for going out, and also something for work.
Well, to start would be nice to have a couple skintone, two black pairs (sheer or opaque it depends of the person likes or dislikes) and two of colors with that person use to dress (brown, dark blue, green, red ...) If that person is starting to wear tights I would not suggest using patterns at first, because smooth are easier to combine.
  1.  If a person said that they thought pantyhose were hot, itchy and uncomfortable what would you say to them?
He/She should look for one of other quality, material and even size. One of the reasons why I use tights is because they are so comfortable!
  1. What do you think are the positives and negatives of wearing pantyhose/tights if any?
Well, positives:
- As I just said, they are very comfortable to wear
- You are allowed to wear dresses or skirts when it is cold.
- They are very easy to wear
- Stylized legs
  And as negative part:
- They are delicate and can break easily
- Can be vulgar if you do not use properly.
  1. What advice do you have for other females on how to style their pantyhose/tights? How do you style them?
Always use them with long garments like shirts, blouses, etc. not to show more than necessary.
  1.  How did you get into wearing pantyhose/tights?
My mother put me since I was little. I grew up using them!

Hope you enjoyed the post,

Jonathan

2 comments:

  1. Great interview! Maria's got fab style and fashion insights! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much Tina!!

      http://unsombreroconplumas.blogspot.com.es

      Delete