Saturday, January 10, 2015

Interview with Rhianwen of Legslavish

Hello Everyone,

Today I am very Pleased to announce another interview, this time with the lovely Rhianwen of the Youtube channel:  Legslavish.  I have loved Rhianwen's reviews on the various types of legwear she has tried over the past few years.   I have selected a few videos showing how Rhianwen styles tights with her outfits.  I really love the Jonathan Aston Contrast seam tights on her and think she does a wonderful job in styling them!  I love the Trasparenze Austria tights on her, and I am also a big fan of Trasparenze tights myself.  I have to say she does a marvellous job in styling them.  As for the other three outfits, I really love her choice of clothing and footwear!  The tights and outfits look great on her!
















Hi everyone,

I am Rhianwen, one of the Legslavish girls from the YouTube review channel Legslavish. I love hosiery and legwear of all different kinds, tights, hold ups, socks, leggings etc and have got really excited over the past few years with the massive growth of the hosiery business and the varieties that are now available. I have worn tights since i was a child and have been in to fashion tights for well over a decade now, though the difference in the last 5 years of what is available is astonishing. It is since working with Legslavish that i have found a real love for the more high end, branded tights and am really lucky to be involved with them. Although i can be guilty of often picking a plain opaque (often black) pair of tights, LL has pushed me to try styles and types that i wouldn’t necessarily pick for myself and it has really broadened my horizons in terms of legwear!


1. How often do you wear pantyhose/tights and do you wear them year round?
I wear tights all year (unless it is particularly hot!) and probably wear them 4-5 days a week if not more, i much prefer tights (or leggings/hold ups) to jeans/trousers as i find them far less restrictive and much more comfortable.


2. How many pairs do you currently have in your collection?
I dread to think! Well over 100 pairs!


3. What is your favorite pair that you own and pair you wear most often?
I have a lot of favourites! I LOVE Jonathan Aston as a brand, as well as Gatta, though one pair that stands out particularly, and that I wear a lot are my Gabriella, Kyra tights. They almost have a mocking feel to them, or at least give the effect of an over the knee sock AND  fabulous pattern on the thigh. I think they are really sexy with skirts and dress as i can keep my opaque leg and then have a flash of pattern at the thigh, or you can pair them with hotpants and really show off the detailing as it goes right the way up to the waist! They are fantastic quality and slimming too!




4. What is your favorite hosiery brand(s) and why?
Jonathan Aston i think are fantastic, i have been lucky enough to review a number of their products just as they are going on sale and their new collections are always fantastic. The quality of their tights is brilliant, i don't think i have ever laddered a pair (fingers crossed i don't jinx myself now!). Pamela Mann, Fiore, Gatta, Cette and Gabriella are also great brands... I am not very good at picking favourites!!


5. Do you keep a spare pair with you in case of getting a run?
If i am going away for a night/weekend then yes... if it's just a night out, then no... my bag is either not big enough or i don't think about it until it's too late!


6. How do you like to style your hosiery with your outfits? Any advice for others on how to style them?
My advice would be to wear what makes you feel comfortable. Hosiery nowadays can be anything you want it to be, invisible, comfortable, fashionable, statement... Match them to your own personal style!
Personally, i tend to match opaque/plain/nude tights with patterns and colours and keep my statement/patterned tights with more simple clothing so that they become the feature of the outfit.


7. What are your thoughts on the trend of bare legs that seems to be so widespread?  Does hosiery prevail over bare legs in the U.K.?
In the height of summer i can understand it, any other time of year i would always opt for tights! I think in the UK, again, particularly in the last few years, more and more people are opting to wear tights over a bare leg... it gives us yet another opportunity to accessorise an outfit... and it keeps us warm!! Which is definitely required here! Nude tights are often opted for when its warm (which isn’t all that often)!


8. What are your thoughts about pantyhose/tights being worn by both men and women? There are even hosiery brands like Emilio Cavallini which make tights for men with barbed wire, and even skulls on them. Also French hosiery manufacturer Gerbe, made some with a fly opening. What are your thoughts on this new trend in tights and legwear?

I personally don't know any men who wear tights, however i have seen that it is becoming very popular and i think that's great! Tights are so versatile and easy to wear, i think men should definitely jump on the bandwagon and embrace hosiery, it used to only be ballet dancers (or Robin hoods merry men) who wore tights, but they are great, so why shouldn’t men give them a go!


9. If a person said that they thought tights were hot, itchy and uncomfortable what would you say to them?
When did you last buy a pair of tights and where from because clearly you made a poor purchase!!


Here is the link to her playlist so you can see more wonderful reviews by Rhianwen:  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaLFBCPjoa-Fd4HU76iA-vbUKMgVoNWW0


Thank you very much Rhianwen!

Hope you have all enjoyed the post!

Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment