Monday, December 1, 2014

Interview with Tina of Tickled Pink Woman

Hello Everyone,

I have yet another blog post with an interview featuring the lovely Tina of the blog Tickled Pink Woman .   I really think she has a great sense of fashion and style! I have a few photos Tina so kindly sent to me.  I really love all three outfits as I think they are each great for a different occasion.  I love the second outfit with the bright colored tights, and the black ankle boots!  I think that is a great way of styling brightly colored tights!  The third outfit is great because I think it looks so elegant while being stylish for the cooler weather!  The first outfit is also wonderful with the knee high boots and the skirt which reveals just a little bit of the white tights underneath!







1. How long have you been wearing pantyhose/tights? Too many years to count (smile).  You see, from the time I could toddle my mother used to dress me up in the frilliest dresses possible.  Tights and patent leather shoes were always part of my ensemble.
 
2. How often do you wear pantyhose/tights and do you wear them year round? I find myself wearing tights most work days. As a public administrator, I'm often in meetings and delivering community presentations.  Sometimes, I'll don dress pants or a pantsuit, but, generally, I sport dresses and skirts. When I do, tights are often part of my ensemble. In cooler weather, I wear opaque tights, but in the summer, I enjoy wearing lace tights or patterned hosiery (that's a hue matching what I'm wearing).
 
3. How many pairs do you currently have in your collection? That's a great question... My guess is that I own 30 pair or so of tights.
 
4. What is your favorite pair that you own? Another good question... This one's so hard to answer as it's truly hard to narrow down my selection.  I guess I'd have to say my fave pair is a heathered lavender pair of Steve Madden opaque tights.  They are so unusual and match several treasured clothing pieces I own.
 
5. What is your go to pair that you wear most often? I've got more black tights than anything else.  That's due to the fact that black is my go to hue.  Hence, black tights are my go to in that regard.
 
6. What is your favorite hosiery brand(s)? Simply Vera Wang and Steve Madden
 
7. Do you keep a spare pair with you in case of getting a run? Nope. I find that when I invest a little bit more for a quality pair of tights, this isn't necessary.

Do you prefer:
 
8. Matte or shiny? Matte
 
9. Patterns or Plain hosiery? I wear more plain tights than anything else, but there's nothing like a great pair of patterned hosiery!
 
10. Skintone shades or other colors?Always other colors... And, I've got a nice palette of them, too!
 
11. Opaque or sheer? Generally opaque; unless it's a fab pattered pair

12. What are your thoughts about pantyhose/tights being worn by both men and women? Tights are for anyone who wants to wear them! There are even hosiery brands like Emilio Cavallini which make tights for men with barbed wire, and even skulls on them. Also French hosiery manufacturer Gerbe, made some with a fly opening. What are your thoughts on this new trend in tights and legwear? Oh, I'm loving the idea of a pair of tights with skulls on them!  
 
13. Being that you live in the U.S. do you notice if women in your area tend to go bare legged or do they wear hosiery? I'd say more women go bare legged.
 
14. What are your thoughts on the trend of bare legs here in the U.S.? Don't get me wrong; I do go bare legged from time to time.  It depend upon what I'm wearing and the occasion.  At work, however, I generally don tights or patterned hosiery.
 
15. If someone who knew nothing about pantyhose/tights came to you looking for advice on 5-10 pairs to get, what would you recommend to them? Something for going out, and also something for work. I'd recommend they get what works for their lifestyle (and sense of comfort). Many of the questions you've asked me (e.g. sheer or opaque; patterned or plain; colored or nude)--I'd ask them.  What works for each of us is truly a personal choice that will vary from person to person.
 
16. If a person said that they thought pantyhose were hot, itchy and uncomfortable what would you say to them?Try a better quality of tights.  You can do this quite affordably (e.g. Simply Vera Wang).
 
17.  What do you think are the positives and negatives of wearing pantyhose/tights if any?Positives: They add polish, have the ability to add a pop of color and allow you to look extra stylish.  Negatives: I can't think of any!
 
18.  What advice do you have for other females on how to style their pantyhose/tights? Don't be afraid to infuse color into your donning of tights/hosiery. If you are totally new to this, try a patterned pair of black hosiery.  It's an easy way to get your feet wet. How do you style them? Check out my blog: http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com.  You'll find countless ways I've styled my tights and hosiery.
19.  How did you get into wearing pantyhose/tights?My mother introduced me to both tights and hosiery (as a very little girl).


Hope you enjoyed the post,

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Jonathan, for featuring me on your lovely and informative blog! It's truly an honor! xx T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most very welcome! Thank you for doing the interview!

      Delete
  2. Congrats for this interesting interview! I love the way Tina accessorizes practically all of her outfits with fashion hosiery

    Fashion Hosiery Accessories: What They Include

    ReplyDelete